- By Kevin
- On Apr 13, 2017
- North America
- Travel Tips
Just turn back from a memorable Seattle bus tour with my family and I'd like to share some tips about the best Seattle tours and travel experience there. Seattle has been rated one of the most literate cities in the U.S., over fifty percent of your folks over twenty-five have college degrees, and you birthed Jimi Hendrix. What more could you ask for? Well, a little more sunshine, maybe, a little less rain. But in all honesty, you've got the goods.
But I ask you, have you said hello to your bald eagles and Orcas lately? Have you hopped into the ocean on a kite board in the last few months (or years)? If the answer to these questions is no, then I have a little list for you. A list of experiences you might want to think about, in the form of adventure gifts. These puppies are hand-tailored excursions in your hometown, packaged up in a pale blue box for your gift-giving peace of mind. For you, for your friends and families and lovers, these five Seattle gift experiences combine the best of giving with the best of living:
1. Photograph the Emerald City: Shutterbugs, rejoice! This guided photography tour takes you (or your gift recipient) through Pike Place Market, the waterfront, and the Belltown neighborhood for a morning of photography lessons. Under the guidance of a professional, you'll learn the basics of composition, how to better use your digital camera, and why "depth of field" does not, in fact, have anything to do with the Seahawks.
2. Eat, Meet and Greet with the Chefs: Tour Seattle's gourmet restaurants, chatting with the kitchen masterminds and sipping on paired wines and beers as you sample your way through the city's fanciest grub.
3. Beat the Traffic: Alright, so you know about Hendrix, already, but do you know the rest of Seattle's pop culture past? This bicycle tour gets you out of traffic and into the sights and sounds of Seattle's history-vaudeville and burlesque, jazz, garage rock and film sites included. Customizable to any riding skill level, this experience gift'll up the ante at trivia night, alright.
4. Grab Your Kite( board): Head out to one of the nation's top-five best locations to learn how to kite board. At Jetty Island, a beginner's course teaches you the basics of how to use your gear, how to control the kite, and finally how to zip around on the water, with one-on-one instruction.
5. Get Wild for the Weekend: A three-day, two-night kayaking excursion to the San Juan Islands has National Geographic-featured tour guides introducing you to Orca whales, Great Blue herons, and bald eagles, among other wildlife. You'll paddle through the islands with the Olympic Mountains on one horizon, Vancouver Island on the other, and a tasty dinner prepared for you back at the campsite.