- By Kevin
- On Apr 20, 2017
- North America
- Travel Tips
Summer is coming, after the Washington cherry blossoms season, what about the other hot tourism site of Washington D.C. and around tourism sites worth to visit in Summer? Some advices may help your vacation plan.
Since you reached Washington DC, you may also to visit the attractions around the city such as : Lincoln Memorial, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, International Spy Museum, The Amish Farm and House, Watkins Glen State Park, Niagara Falls Illumination, Maid of the Mist.
1. Lincoln Memorial - This iconic American monument honors the 16th president of the United States. Abraham Lincoln was president during the American Civil War, and is most famous for the Emancipation Proclamation that freed all of the slaves in the US.
Madame Tussauds Wax Museum - The Washington, DC arm of this worldwide phenomenon is a sight to behold. Amazingly and sometimes eerily lifelike figures line the halls of this art museum in the form of celebrities and politicians both famous and infamous.
2. International Spy Museum - The museum is a museum exploring the craft, practice, history, and contemporary role of espionage. It is the only public museum in the United States solely dedicated to espionage and the only one in the world to provide a global perspective on an all-but-invisible profession.
3. The Amish Farm and House - This authentic Amish farm in Lancaster, PA is more than 300 years old, and an educational experience for the whole family. This 25-acre farm is dedicated to teaching people about the Amish lifestyle in a fun and constructive way.
4. Watkins Glen State Park - Glen Creek has carved a dramatic gorge into the Watkins Glen hillside, resulting in a large, cavern-like network of rock formations.
5. Niagara Falls Illumination - For more than 75 years, visitors to Niagara Falls have been able to enjoy a nighttime illumination of the impressive American and Horseshoe falls. Every night, at dusk, visitors can experience the falls lit in the colors of the rainbow.
6. Niagara Falls Adventure Movie - This exciting movie in the Adventure Theater on the American side of the falls is shown on a breathtaking 45-foot-long screen. It chronicles the history of human interaction with the falls, focusing on the amazing stunts people have done.
7. Maid of the Mist - The famous Maid of the Mist boat tour has been around since the 1800s, and is the only way to get truly up close to the falls. The boat drives right into the rapids, and has had many famous guests. Niagara Falls In-Depth Tour - Experience Niagara Falls like never before! This in-depth tour takes you on an exploration of historical Niagara, stopping at places like Old Fort Niagara and the Niagara Power Vista and allowing a look into another side of the Falls.